Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Power of the Void

1) If I could, I would name this story 'The Brutal Box', because throughout the whole story you're engulfed in a story of a lottery, and a story of a box. As I finished the story, I realized that the box was a tool that led to a brutal ending of one who had a black dot on his envelope. It creates a void because you honestly wouldn't expect a death at the end of a story of a lottery.

2) I knew there was going to be a dark ending toward the story, because the people's reactions to the black dot on the envelope hinted that it was a dark consequence. However, despite that fact, I had never expected death to be the actual result.

3) It created a deep void within me, and an urge to rip open the envelope and read it. But after a while I was able to get rid of the void, and I had the ability to wait till 5pm.

4) I honestly knew that it was the end of the story, mainly because the story was too empty to have been finished. The result of the black dot didn't end yet, which hinted me that it was the end of the story. Yes, I followed the instructions till 5pm, although it was hard at first because of the long void.

5) I thought the result of the black box and the black spot was pretty brutal. I never expected Mrs Hutchinson to get beat to death with a stone.

6) The void was released from me, after all the waiting till 5pm. I guess it was a good feeling because you get rid of all the suspense that's within you.

7) No. As I said before, I never expected death to occur. It was unbelievably surprising.

8) Honestly, the best way to get the most accurate prediction is to re-read the reactions extracted from all of the people toward the black dot. The restless reactions may or may not make you predict death as the final result.

9) It affected the story in many ways. It gave you this whole suspense within you, and made you restless to find out the end, and then the author releases you of all this suspense by giving you the end. Honestly the whole process is a fun feeling.

10) A. The fact that there's no title gives no clues of what the story is about. It creates a void and it gets you wondering what the story is about.

B. It immediately got you asking yourself questions, and thinking that the story was too empty to have been finished. It may or may not cause you to create your own ending to the story, and you open up your mind to all these possibilities.

C. This gets you to go on with the story, and to be hooked. It also causes you to see if your predictions were correct.

D. Gets you to ask questions about the end, or what lies inside the paper itself.

E. It builds all these voids and intensity, and it gets you asking questions of what's going to happen at the end, and once you finally read the ending you get an instant relief.

F. I had a restless feeling of opening the mystery paper before 5pm. It was pretty frustrating because you had to wait for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment